- Main dish
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced pickled chilli
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 x 220g grass fed Black Angus sirloin steaks
- 100g butter
- 1 leek, finely cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1L) beef stock
- 250g mushrooms, sliced 3mm wide
- sea salt
- Heat BeefEater® BBQ to medium to high heat.
- Combine marinade ingredients, add sirloin and mix well.
- For medium rare, cook sirloin for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
To make reduction
- Place large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter, leek and garlic to pan and cook slowly until leeks start to caramelise.
- Add beef stock and reduce by half.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms over chargrill at high heat.
- Once cooked, add mushrooms to sauce and serve with steak.
Serving suggestion, serve with mash potato and garnished with slice green beans.