Lemon, Thyme & Garlic Chicken | BeefEater Australia
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 100ml olive oil
- Firstly, assemble the rotisserie according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Preheat the barbeque until ‘hot’ (approx 220 degrees) registers on the heat indicators.
- To prepare bird, season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic and thyme. Coat bird with baste and place lemon into the cavity.
- Secure bird to the rotisserie shaft and place the shaft in the motor and turn on.
- Turn off burners that are directly under the roast and leave the remaining burners on low.
- Close the hood. Try not to open the barbeque too often to look at the meat. Doing so adds to the cooking time.
- Chicken will cook for about 1 ½ hours for a 2 kilogram bird or 45 minutes per kilogram
- Serve with your favourite BBQ vegetables or salad