- 1 red capsicum cut lengthwise into quartes
- 1-2 small zucchini cut lengthwise into half or quartes (if you use 1)
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into four thick slices
- 1 egg plant cut lengthwise into four thick slices
- 4 large portobello BBQ mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped herbs such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, sage or marjoram
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup or roughly chopped herbs such as parsley, basil, coriander, dill, chives or spring onions
- Mix garlic with herbs and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and marinate with the oil paste, using your hands to mix it through.
- With the help of tongs spread them over a high heat (direct heat) BBQ and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (rather undercook than overcook which will result in a nicer texture as well as flavour).
- Remove onto a serving platter and sprinkle with some fresh herbs.